AHM Youth & Family Services seeks a dedicated human services professional to provide school-based positive youth development services to students at Horace Porter Elementary School in Columbia (grades K through 8).
- Provide family outreach services, including individual counseling, meeting with families, and referrals to community mental health providers.
- Serve as the case manager for any Juvenile Review Board referrals from Horace W. Porter School, Bolton High School, and E.O. Smith High School.
- Attend bi-weekly JRB meetings and present cases as needed.
- Act as a liaison between AHM clinical staff and school personnel.
- Serve as the liaison between the community and the school, especially for those families experiencing crises.
- Develop and maintain a referral network of service providers.
- Provide classroom workshops on social and emotional concepts, as needed.
- Teach or co-teach Social Learning classes to middle school students.
- Serve as a member of the Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS) committee and the School Climate Committee.
- Assist in facilitating school-based support groups for children identified as having specific needs.
- Represent the elementary school on the community drug prevention coalition as needed, and assist in planning school-centered prevention activities.
- Collaborate with school staff members to facilitate positive youth development groups and activities such as the Mentoring Program, the Wingman Program, and the Welcoming Committee.
- Coordinate the Power of Words Jr. program for bullying prevention and leadership skill-building. Continue the POW Jr. Curriculum into the daily school environment with the students.
Two and a half days per week during the school year.
- Position requires a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, or related field.
- A minimum of three years of master’s level experience in social work, counseling, or related positions in the human services field.
- Experience working with school-age children.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
AHM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for employment with AHM Youth & Family Services, please email application materials to HumanResources@ahmyouth.org. Please include a resume and cover letter, and/or employment application.