Family Resource Center
The AHM Family Resource Center received its first grant in 1996 from the Connecticut State Department of Education and has collaborated with the four regional Elementary Schools, the Middle School and the High School in various programs and services.
The philosophy of Family Resource Centers is that healthy development and good education begin with access to support services from birth. When these services are offered in schools, services are readily accepted and accessible to families.
Program Coordinator: Becky Murray
GHS Classroom: 860-228-0871
KinderRHAMa Classroom: 860-228-5310.
Programs & services currently being offered!
If registering for an in-person Family Resources Program, you are agreeing to our Covid procedures that are in place. All possible attempts will be made to comply with Covid 19 Guidelines during FRC programming, and families will need to abide by and help in these efforts to keep all participants safe. This includes wearing masks and social distancing.
Registration can be completed online in the tabbed sections below. Please email Becky Murray at BeckyM@ahmyouth.org, if you have any questions or difficulties with the registration process.
This summer, children age 3 through 5 will enjoy making friends and working on social skills, develop gross and fine motor skills through indoor and outdoor activities and learn school readiness skills in a safe, fun, and exciting environment. AHM’s Summer Preschool Camp will be staffed by two experienced and educated Early Childhood Educators.
Location: AHM KinderRHAMa classroom and play yard, located at RHAM High School. We will also occasional use Veteran’s Park.
Hours: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday through Friday. No camp July 5th
Age requirement: Children age 3 by 9/1/21 through Age 5. Children must be fully toilet-trained to attend.
Weekly Camp Themes & Dates:
- Week 1 – Super Heroes and Villains: June 21-25
- Week 2 – Camping Adventures: June 28-July2
- Week 3 – Spirit Week: July 6-July 9 (4 days)*
- Week 4 – Summer Safari: July 12-July 16
- Week 5 – Down on the Farm: July19-July 23
- Week 6 – Ahoy Mateys! Pirate Week: July 26-July 30
- Week 7 – Space Week: August 2-August 6
- Week 8 – Commotion in the Ocean: August 9-August 13
Registration: Families can sign up for multiple weeks. Registrations will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. If you have any questions or would like to register, please call Becky Murray: 860-573-1260 or email BeckyM@ahmyouth.org.
Families need to sign up by Wednesday at noon for the following week. Families must register for an entire week, no part-week options.
Class Size: Minimum number of 13 children each week to hold the program, maximum size 16 children per week.
Financial Aid may be available for families who qualify.
Do you have questions about your child’s Development? Would you like to know how you could support your child’s development and know what they will be doing next? The FRC offers free developmental screenings! Due to the pandemic, we are currently offering these virtually via Zoom or in our space at Gilead Hill Elementary.
These screenings are for children ages 4 months to 48 months, using the Ages and Stages questionnaire. Through playing with your child and speaking to you, we will look at your child’s development in the areas of language, fine and gross motor skills, social/emotional, and problem solving. We can offer feedback to parents or caregivers and suggestions to further your child’s development. The screening takes about an hour, and is confidential.
If you would like your child to be screened, or have any questions, please contact Becky Murray at 860-228-0871 or through email at BeckyM@ahmyouth.org.
Registration now open!
TIME: Friday’s 9:30am – 10:15am
- Session 1: June 25, July 2, & July 9
- Session 2: July 30, August 6, & August 13
- Session 1: Mondays June 28 and July 12 (same time)
- Session 2: August 2, August 9, August 16 (same time)
Cost: $45.00 per family for 3 weeks
The AHM Family Resource Center offers home visits for families living in Andover, Hebron, or Marlborough and Columbia with a child between the ages of birth and five. We utilize curriculum from the National Parents as Teachers program.
Home Visits provide families with information about child development through observation, activities, talking to parents, and play. The curriculum, which is tailored to the age and developmental stage of each child, helps parents understand their child’s behavior, what to expect next, and gives parents strategies for challenges they are facing in parenting.
Due to the pandemic, Home Visits are being offered virtually via Zoom or in our space at Gilead Hill Elementary. For more information please call Becky Murray or Jahnna Sieckowski at 860-228-0871 or email at BeckyM@ahmyouth.org or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preschool session options:
- 3-year old Program – Tues, Thurs, 8:30am-12:00pm, $2,160/ year
- 4-year old Program – Mon, Wed, Fri, 8:30am-1:00pm, $3,880/year
- 3-year old Extended Day – Tues, Thurs, 7:00am-3:00pm, $3,130/year
- 4-year old Extended Day – Mon, Wed, Fri, 7:00am-3:00pm, $4,695/year
- Combined 3 & 4 Year Old Class – Mon-Fri, 7:00am-3:00pm, $6,455/year
Registration now open!
This program is for parents and caregivers from Andover, Hebron, Marlborough, or Columbia, and children age birth-5 and will include:
- Activities including crafts, activities, and circle time!
- Information on child development and parenting topics
- A chance to meet other parents and children!
- Free Developmental Screenings for all enrolled children
Time: Tuesdays either 9:00am-10:00am, OR 10:30am-11:30am
Dates: 6/22, 6/29, 7/6, 7/13, 7/27, and 8/3
Cost: $35 per Family
We will be following COVID Guidelines:
- Adults and children ages 3 and over will be required to wear a mask
- Families will enter through the door next to the Board of Ed entrance
- Please bring a driver’s license or picture ID the first time you attend
- We will not be offering a group snack time.
Please contact Becky Murray with questions, or to request more information at: BeckyM@ahmyouth.org.
Time: Wednesdays from 10:30am – 11:30am
Dates: 6/23, 6/30, 7/7, 7/14, 7/28, 8/4
RAIN Dates: Thursdays: 6/24, 7/1, 7/8, 7/15, 7/29, 8/5
Cost: $35.00 per family for 6 week session.
If you have any questions, please contact Program Coordinator Becky Murray at (cell) 860 573-1260 or email: BeckyM@ahmyouth.org.
Family Resource Center Resources
- CT Birth-3
Information for parents and providers who suspect their child may have a developmental delay
- State of CT Early Learning Development Guidelines Information on what children should be learning from age Birth- 5 years
- CT Safe Kids
Car seat, passenger, bike safety, poison control
- Access Health CT
Health insurance in CT