Family Resource Center
The AHM Family Resource Center received its first grant in 1996 from the Connecticut State Department of Education and has collaborated with the four regional Elementary Schools, the Middle School and the High School in various programs and services.
The philosophy of Family Resource Centers is that healthy development and good education begin with access to support services from birth. When these services are offered in schools, services are readily accepted and accessible to families.
As part of a grant received from the State Department of Education and Office of Early childhood, AHM’s Family Resource Center staff were able to purchase books to be part of a lending library for families, daycare providers, and parents. We are so grateful that we were able to purchase these books, and offer this valuable resource to the communities we serve! Pictured: Jahnna Sieckowski, Family Resource Center Associate.
Visit our adult & children’s library links on the right!
Family Resource Center Director:
GHS Classroom: 860-228-0871
KinderRHAMa Classroom: 860-228-5310.
Family Resource Center Associate:
GHS Classroom: 860-228-0871
Programs & services currently being offered!
If registering for an in-person Family Resources Program, you are agreeing to our Covid procedures that are in place. All possible attempts will be made to comply with Covid 19 Guidelines during FRC programming, and families will need to abide by and help in these efforts to keep all participants safe. This includes wearing masks and social distancing.
Registration can be completed online in the tabbed sections below. Please email Becky Murray at BeckyM@ahmyouth.org, if you have any questions or difficulties with the registration process.
Do you have questions about your child’s Development? Would you like to know how you could support your child’s development and know what they will be doing next? The FRC offers free developmental screenings! Due to the pandemic, we are currently offering these virtually via Zoom or in our space at Gilead Hill Elementary.
These screenings are for children ages 4 months to 48 months, using the Ages and Stages questionnaire. Through playing with your child and speaking to you, we will look at your child’s development in the areas of language, fine and gross motor skills, social/emotional, and problem solving. We can offer feedback to parents or caregivers and suggestions to further your child’s development. The screening takes about an hour, and is confidential.
If you would like your child to be screened, or have any questions, please contact Becky Murray at 860-228-0871 or through email at BeckyM@ahmyouth.org.
Registration Now Open!
TIME: Wednesdays 9:30am – 10:15am
DATES: Wednesdays, January 19th through to March 9th. Make-up Class (if needed) will be held on 3/16 and 3/23.
Cost: $125.00 per family for 8 weeks
COVID Guidelines: Adults and children ages 3 and up need to wear masks.
For more information, please contact Becky Murray at 860-228-0871 or email BeckyM@ahmyouth.org.
AHM’s Family Resource Center is offering this “Helping Your Child Get Ready For School” informational session on Tuesday, August 10th from 7-8pm!
This program will be held via Zoom, and link will be sent upon registration.
To register: Email Becky Murray at BeckyM@ahmyouth.org.
The AHM Family Resource Center offers home visits for families living in Andover, Hebron, or Marlborough and Columbia with a child between the ages of birth and five. We utilize curriculum from the National Parents as Teachers program.
Home Visits provide families with information about child development through observation, activities, talking to parents, and play. The curriculum, which is tailored to the age and developmental stage of each child, helps parents understand their child’s behavior, what to expect next, and gives parents strategies for challenges they are facing in parenting.
Due to the pandemic, Home Visits are being offered virtually via Zoom or in our space at Gilead Hill Elementary. For more information please call Becky Murray at 860-228-0871 or email at BeckyM@ahmyouth.org.
Preschool session options:
- 3-year old Program – Tues, Thurs, 8:30am-12:00pm, $2,160/ year
- 4-year old Program – Mon, Wed, Fri, 8:30am-1:00pm, $3,880/year
- 3-year old Extended Day – Tues, Thurs, 7:00am-3:00pm, $3,130/year
- 4-year old Extended Day – Mon, Wed, Fri, 7:00am-3:00pm, $4,695/year
- Combined 3 & 4 Year Old Class – Mon-Fri, 7:00am-3:00pm, $6,455/year
Registration is now open!
Join us for Winter Play & Learn Groups held at our Family Resource Center at Gilead Hill School!
This program is for parents and caregivers from Andover, Hebron, Marlborough, or Columbia, and children age birth-5 and will include:
- Activities including crafts, activities, and circle time!
- Information on child development and parenting topics
- A chance to meet other parents and children!
- Free Developmental Screenings for all enrolled children
Time: 9:30am – 10:30am
- Session 1 – Mondays 9:30am – 10:30am, 1/10 – 3/28 – No Group on 1/17 (MLK Day) and 2/21 (President’s Day) Classes during the holiday weeks will be held on Friday 1/21 and 2/25. (10 Monday + 2 Fridays = 12 classes)
- Session 2 – Thursdays 9:30am – 10:30am, 1/13 – 3/31 (12 classes)
Cost: $85 per Family, per session
We will be following COVID Guidelines:
- Families will enter through the door next to the Board of Ed entrance
- Please bring a driver’s license or picture ID the first time you attend
- As part of Hebron Public Schools Policy, PLEASE NOTE that all visitors to the building are required to submit proof of COVID Vaccination or a negative COVID test. If you have been vaccinated, please bring in your vaccination card or a copy of it, for us to have on file. If you have not been vaccinated, please bring in proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours (3 days) of the day you are attending.
- We will not be offering a group snack time.
Please contact Becky Murray with questions, or to request more information at: BeckyM@ahmyouth.org.
AHM’s Family Resource Center has a Staffed Child Care Network which provides free services to Home-Based Early Care providers. These include ongoing support and referrals to many resources.
- CT Staffed Family Child Care Networks
- Hebron Hub Family Child Care Network Meeting Schedule
- Map listing of the FCC Networks: https://www.ctoec.org/program-and-improvement-supports/staffed-family-child-care-networks/
- Book Lending library – Children’s Books
- Book Lending library – Adult Books
For more information, please contact Becky Murray at BeckyM@ahmyouth.org.
Family Resource Center Resources
- CT Birth-3
Information for parents and providers who suspect their child may have a developmental delay
- State of CT Early Learning Development Guidelines Information on what children should be learning from age Birth- 5 years
- CT Safe Kids
Car seat, passenger, bike safety, poison control
- Access Health CT
Health insurance in CT